MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

5/04/2012

Weekend Trip to San Antonio

We took the boys on a family getaway for the weekend to San Antonio.  First stop was Natural Bridge Caverns where we started with sluicing for gems and fossils.  They had so much fun and came home with bags full of gems and really cool fossils.



A sharks tooth.

Finding a gem!


Even Colton helped.


Then it was time to pack Colton onto my back and head down into the cave for some exploring.


It was crazy hot and humid down there, but we loved seeing all of the formations.  They boys kept thinking we would see animals in the cave.  It was precious.



A little more playing before we left.




The next day we headed to Sea World.  First stop Shamu!  Daddy is showing Colton the big whale.


Waiting patiently for the show.


Check out that action shot!  I don't know why but I always get teary eyed in this show.  I used to want to work with whales and dolphins when I was a kid.  Jacques Cousteau was my hero, and I still think it would be so amazing to get to work with these beautiful animals every day!


This show cracked the boys up.


The otter is precious.


I should say he had a good time, you think?


You can't leave Sea World without a little friend to remember the trip by.  (I love that Braeden named his dolphin Anthony after the dolphin we swam with in Honduras).


Trying to pet the dolphin without food.  She checked us out, but with no food, there was no touching.  :)

The sea lions put were really putting on a show.


Look at the sweet baby sea lion with his mother.


This face was soooooo cute!  He was waiting on the boys to drop him some fish.  Look at that sweet face!

Here you go sea lion!

And the last day we went to Fiesta Texas.  First picture of the day was with a dragon.


There were lots of rides the boys could do alone.



Fishing for prizes.

The two older boys sat still for a cartoon character drawing.  I sure do love these boys!


And the last picture of the day was with the dragon again.

I love getting away with my little family, and look forward to many more memories in the future.  We are so truly blessed to have such wonderful, smart, and sweet boys.  They steal my breath every day with some sort of wonderful.  I love all my guys!