Andy and I took a much needed trip together....WITHOUT kids thanks to my amazing in-laws. We had 5 wonderful days in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and romantic. We stayed at Capella Pedrigal and hardly wanted to leave there for any reason.
When we arrived, we had to drive through a mountain to get to the resort. That made it so private.
I love the glass hearts all over this tree.
This is the beach front. No swimming in the water because the waves are too rough. But the sound they made was fantastic!
And why would we go sit in the sand when we had this beautiful pool with poolside service!? The infinity edge over looked the beach in the previous post, so we just had to walk across the pool with our drinks in hand to look directly at that shot. The service was amazing and we even visited the spa for massages.
Here is my sweetie, looking the most relaxed I have seen him in 7 years!! This trip was between his job change. He left the stressful, busy world of investment banking to go corporate. This was the beginning of life without the blackberry constantly buzzing, and the return of weekends.
Of course I went fishing with my guy...I had a blast!
We left as the sun was rising.
On our way out to fish we passed the land's end...the end of the Baja Penninsula.
Then came the fishing. Yep, they had to help keep me from flying out of the boat. It was so hard, and I got so tired I almost didn't think I could do it.
Here is why it was so hard! My Marlin was a fighter! He jumped out of the water over and over.
In the end, I finally got him in! A hundred pound fish!
Andy caught one too. He didn't look as exhausted as me though.
We went out to dinner a couple of times. The great thing about our resort is that it was in walking distance to the city. We went to Los Tres Gallos for authentic Mexican food. It was sooooo good, but really spicy. :)
On our last full day there we actually ran into my cousin Tony and his wife Victoria! What are the chances? We didn't know he was going to be there, and running into him in another country was crazy. But even crazier was about a month later when I was in Florida, and I ran into him again with Andy's sisters when we were kayaking in the middle of the ocean to crab island!
The last night we ate dinner at El Farallon which is in the cliffs overlooking the ocean at our resort.
It was an amazing time and I will cherish the memories with my wonderful husband.















