Mother's day was a day to remember my many blessings. The week leading up to Mother's day was rough for me, because it really made me miss my Mom even more, if that is possible. I spent the morning before church reflecting on how I can do my best to be more like she was; Loving unconditionally, passing on knowledge of the bible, and giving to others selflessly. In the bible it says in Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Sometimes as a mom, I get overwhelmed by the daily tasks; the endless laundry and dishes, (dishes from meals that I have argued with children to get them to eat so they can grow healthy), sticky messes where I wonder..."what is that?," diapers changed, sleepless nights, stubbed toes from toys left all over the floor, the screaming and running, and the gray hairs that I just don't have energy or time to cover anymore. None of that matters, because the reward of hugs, drooly kisses, snuggles in our pajamas, and jumps for joy are far more than any of the complaints.
What I have focused on more than anything in the last year, is to treasure every moment, because you never know when that last moment will be. I have learned that no matter how hard I try to please others, I seem to have someone upset with me all the time, and I have to be ok with that. I have learned that anything you say, and the way you act will be reflected in your childrens' actions and behaviors. So, to get love, you have to give love. Don't stress about when people are upset with you, especially when you have acted out of love. Just forgive, and keep doing what you know is right. Do it for your Lord, because that is who you are serving. And when you lose your temper, when you break down and cry, when you feel overwhelmed, turn to Him and ask for help. He is the only one big enough to handle all your concerns. I am so blessed to be surrounded by friends who help me when I need to "talk to my mom," and they help me in the most amazing ways. You know who you are...
I am most blessed to be a Mom, and to have my three precious sons. Austin's energy and ability to take care of others, Braeden's sweet gentleness and humor beyond compare, and Colton's smile that brings so much joy and his easy going nature make me the most blessed Mother there ever was! My precious husband who shares this parenting journey with me, who is my rock and my level head, who listens to complaints, who gives hugs when I need them, and who leads our family with love is such a blessing to me. Thank you God for giving me this wonderful family, thank you for this precious life.
After church, we went to a wonderful lunch with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Lisa. Happy Mother's Day Nancy!
The absolute best thing about Mother's Day when they are this little is the precious gifts they make at school. Here's my loot.
Two plants in hand painted and decorated pots. One with a Braeden flower, and one with a pretty pink flower, along with a couple of handmade cards.
Inside the card from Braeden.
I smile at the fact that my favorite food is vegetables and that he thinks I am pretty, and laugh at the fact that he thinks I am 100 years old.
Braeden's picture and handmade frame. There are no words for the picture except.....priceless. What a way to take the flowery picture and "boy" it up.
Inside Austin's card. A portrait of me.


