MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

3/31/2008

Easter 2008

Easter weekend is always a fun filled family time around our house. The Saturday before Easter is always spent going to Louisiana to Mommy's great-grandmother's house for the Guthrey family reunion/crawfish boil. I am a natural cajun (even though I live in Texas and was born in NYC, Mommy's cajun blood got in me). Here I am showing off how well I can hold a live crawfish....with no fear whatsoever!



I got so good at holding those crawfish, I wasn't worried about reaching in the bucket to pick up more. After many warnings from Daddy, one of the biggest crawdaddys in the bucket pinched my finger and would not let go! That mean ole crawfish....I got my sweet revenge by eating him!



Sunday morning we woke up and got to enjoy our Easter basket goodies before heading off to church.
Marshmallow chicks for breakfast should be an everyday thing in my opinion.
The Easter bunny even brought Braeden some goodies in his basket.
After church we went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa to eat Mexican food, and you would not believe it!!! The Easter bunny showed up wearing a pancho and a sombrero. The restaurant took great pictures of both of us with the Easter bunny, it was so much fun. After our naps, we headed over to Mimi and Pops' house for an egg hunt and time with our cousins Hope and Hardt. Here is Braeden with Aunt Tina and Uncle Chris.


Uncle Chris brought these really fun confetti filled eggs and Hope, Hardt, and I got confettied in the back yard.



After confetti eggs we used the Easter bunny bags we made with Mimi to hunt for even more Easter eggs. I have a stash of about 30 Easter eggs, and Mommy keeps finding them all over the house. Somehow an onion from Mimi's kitchen ended up in Austin's Easter bag, hmmm? Kinda strange how that got in there, Austin must have thought it was the mother of all Easter eggs.