MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

1/07/2012

Get ready for a lot of updates!

Well, I haven't updated in the last 5 months, so be sure and click on the link to the older posts at the bottom of the page to make sure you don't miss out on any of the new posts I am adding today. I have been taking pictures, and blogging has been on my list of things to do, but honestly I just don't get to sit at the computer any more. Life with three boys is busy, but in a good way. It's overwhelming most days, but what a blessing to be so overwhelmed!

This summer when school was getting ready to start, I was so excited because there were going to be two days a week with all three boys in school. Everyone asked me what I would do with all of that free time (about 4 hours twice a week), and my hopes were so big....I was going to paint the boys' rooms, learn how to sew, paint more pictures on canvas, get pedicures/manicures....you know just "me" stuff.

Well, the school year is halfway over and I have had one of those manicure/pedicures, but that is it. For about a month and a half someone was sick. We had the stomach bug, a mysterious fever, strep throat, and Colton had pneumonia. I decided to be homeroom mom for Braeden's class with a friend, and helped in Austin's class also. Volunteering at Austin's school, continuing to lead a table at bible study, and managing life, laundry, and cleaning just seemed to take away all of that "me" time. I guess it's my own fault really.

Then I started thinking about it differently. My "me" time was filled with things I love to do... caring for my children, working in the classroom, and being rooted in God's word. I might work on fitting some more relaxing things in this second half of the year, but really spending as much time with my joys (my boys) is the best use of my time I could possibly make.


So, if I blog a little less often, that is just fine with me. It just means I was busy loving my family and that is something to be proud of.

Happy New Year!