MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

7/17/2009

All God's Living Things, part 2

The sunflowers have now all bloomed. I don't have a picture of the biggest one blooming, but you can see it here last week. It grew as tall as the window, and has a flower as big as Austin's head. This was fun to see them grow, but I have taken them all out as the bloom fades, because I don't want them to spread like crazy. Our pumpkin plant has 3 blooms on it, so we might have 3 pumpkins. We'll take pictures of them as they grow.
After we got home on the fourth of July, we had a butterfly that came out of it's chrysalis. Isn't it just beautiful. The other two haven't come out, and I am afraid they just might not. A few days ago the boys spotted more of these caterpillars on my lime tree, so we have started the process all over again with 3 more caterpillars. I don't know if I can do it again. It's a lot of work cleaning the cage (they really poop a lot!) and getting leaves every day for them. If more caterpillars show up after this, we'll see what happens.