MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

6/18/2009

Beans, beans, good for the heart

So the other day we were making hamburgers, and along with the potato salad, we decided to cook up some baked beans. Austin has seen them before, and has tasted them before, but for some reason this day he decided to ask more about them. (Probably because he seems to be asking questions about everything lately, and more than that, what is everything made from). So the conversation went like this:
A: Momma, what are those?
M: Baked beans.
A: Oh, I love those. I never had them before. (Don't you love how positive he is!?)
M: Yes, you have had them before.
A: Oh, what are they made from.
M: Beans, and you'll like these because they have bacon in them.
A: Oh, I don't like that kind. But I like beans.
M: You like green beans.
A: No, but I LOVE jelly beans!
Made you laugh didn't he? I almost lost it when he said jelly beans. I will never cook any kind of bean around here again without thinking about that sweet conversation. What a joy he is!!