MY THREE SONS....LIVIN' IN TEXAS

4/19/2009

Easter and stuff

I don't know what is wrong with Blogger, but I can't move my pictures around after I upload them, so these are kind of in a random order. Austin is "helping" me upload to the blog since he didn't take a very long nap today, so I really don't have time to fix anything.
Here are the boys at Grandma and Grandpa's house after church on Easter Sunday. This was the best I could do to take a picture of them together in their matching outfits. I figure I've got a little more time to dress them the same before they start to have their own opinions.

Austin actually ate the chocolate bunny ears. He supposedly doesn't like chocolate, but I guess if the Easter bunny brings it to you, you'll like just about anything.

Braeden (who loves chocolate, just like his Mommy) thought he was in absolute heaven with such an enormous chocolate bunny!


Here's the Easter bunny loot. We had Easter eggs all over the house from the Easter Bunny when we woke up too. It was raining and wet outside, so he left them all over the house for us.

The Saturday before Easter is the annual Guthrey family reunion at my Great Grandmother Guthrey's old home in Louisiana. I have gone pretty much every year (minus the one time we were living in New York), and I love to see the boys doing this tradition. Something amazing is that this was Andy's 18th year to go too. He started coming with me when we started dating in high school. Every year we eat crawfish, fried catfish and shrimp, oysters, and tons of other food. We always have a pinata for the kids. Our kids are lucky because the last few years has included a inflated jumping house...something they didn't have when we were kids.
Braeden's first time to do the pinata. He loved it!

Austin's second year to hit the pinata. Serious face there...I think he really wanted to get to the candy inside!

That is a live crawfish. These boys have no fear! Austin was a bit more careful since he learned the hard way about how a crawfish pinch feels.

It is in the genes.

Austin wore his cowboy hat in honor of Poppy (his great grandfather) who always has his straw hat on. Look closely and you can see Poppy behind Austin to the left. He just celebrated his 90th birthday!